2019 AGFEST GUIDEBOOK NOW AVAILABLE: Click here to download the complete guidebook or view/download guidebook information by department.
OUTBREAK OF VIRULENT NEWCASTLE DISEASE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AFFECTING POULTRY: On January 16, 2019 the California Department of Food & Agriculture issued a Recommendation to Cancel California Poultry Exhibitions That Include Birds From Counties Affected With Virulent Newcastle Disease. This is relevant for any exhibitor planning projects for breeding poultry, market meat birds and/or market turkeys. If you are or represent one of these exhibitors, please download and review the letter below.
AgFest has elected at this time to proceed with the Breeding and Market Poultry/Turkey Shows. We will stay informed on any further recommendations issued by the California Department of Food & Agriculture and will be obliged to cancel any Breeding and/or Market Shows for Poultry/Turkeys based on their recommendations. If you decide to proceed with a poultry/turkey project for 2019 Agfest, please be aware of the risk that the shows for these species have a high probability of being cancelled at any time based on how the Newcastle situation evolves and the concern of contiguous counties. Therefore we cannot guarantee that a poultry show will be held during Agfest or the sale of your animals at auction. If AgFest cancels a show after your entries are received, AgFest will not refund those entry fees. Exhibitors who are considering moving forward with a poultry/turkey project and showing at AgFest should educate themselves on Virulent Newcastle Disease and how breaches in biosecurity through exposure at poultry exhibitions during this time can put personal flocks and individual birds, including those that are not brought to the show, at risk.
NEW FOR 2019! YQCA CERTIFICATION NOW REQUIRED FOR EXHIBITORS: Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) Certification is now a requirement for all exhibitors to show at 2019 AgFest
(Click here for more Details)
- Wednesday, February 20th, 6:30-8:30 PM – Junior Board Meeting
- Tuesday, March 5th, 6:00 PM – Mandatory Leader and Parent Meeting – THIS IS MANDATORY FOR ALL LEADERS AND PARENTS!
**Unless otherwise specified, all meetings for 2018-2019 will be held at the Robert J. Cabral Center located at 2101 Earhart Dr, Stockton CA
Other Important Dates
- February 20, 2019 – Independent Exhibitors must have their exhibitor parent agreement signed and either postmarked or submitted to email@example.com
- March 15, 2019 – Dairy Replacement Heifer Applications postmarked (includes the heifer pregnancy check and verification and Bill of Sale) – Send to 2019 AgFest, 1521 Pioneer Street; Escalon, CA 95320.
- May 1, 2019 – Online entry deadline. Late entries will be accepted until May 5th ($100 late fee + entry fee)
Sign Up for Text Updates
Sign up for important updates for 2019 AgFest – send a Text @2019ag to 81010
NEW! Update for Verizon users. Text notifications will continue to be available for Verizon customers. Verizon reversed their intention to charge Remind a fee.
For more information…https://www.remind.com/blog/verizon-update