Deliver entries to Building #2 on Monday, June 10th, 2019, 9am – 12 pm Pick up Entries Saturday, June 15th, 2019, 1 pm – 3 pm
Best of Show – Rosette
Best of Division – Rosette
No Cash Awards, Ribbons only for Placing
Danish System of Judging
Outstanding FFA & 4-H Exhibitors will be Announced at the Awards Ceremony on Friday, June 14th, 2019
RULES AND INFORMATION
- No Entry Fee. Online Fee $3.00 per Exhibitor.
- Online Entries: No Later than Wednesday, May 1th 2019 at midnight.
- All collections will be displayed in a glass or Plexiglas topped insect case. The case may be an 8” x 12
x 1 ½” or a 12” x 16” x 1 ½” sized case. The case should be arranged so that the case may be displayed in a horizontal position.
- Exhibitor may have up to three cases to display project
- All specimens must be collected by the exhibitor. Purchased exhibits are not permitted.
- Specimens must be properly pinned with insect pins. Small insects may need to be placed on cardboard points. Some insects may also be preserved in ethyl alcohol vials.
- Specimens must be properly labeled.
- Each insect should have three different labels. The top label will contain the location, date and collector’s name. Township, County, State and Country is the location information that should be included for the location. The middle label contains the order of the insect. The bottom label will contain the common name of the insect.
- All labels should be visible so they can be read. Use permanent ink marker or pencil to write labels. Labels produced by a computer printer are acceptable. Ballpoint ink or non-permanent markers are not acceptable.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
- General appearance and neatness of arrangement
- Care in preparation of insect’s key
- Correct placement and completeness of labels
- Number of orders and specimen insects correctly identified.
Division 1 – 4-H
- 1st year project – must have 10 insect orders and a minimum of 25 insects in the collection.
- 2nd year projects – must have 12 insect orders and a minimum of 40 insects in the collection.
- 3 or more years in the project – must have 13 or more orders and a minimum of 60 insects in the collection.
Division 2 – FFA
- FFA Beginner – must have 10 insect orders and a minimum of 25 insects in the collection.
- FFA Intermediate – must have 12 insect orders and a minimum of 40 insects in the collection.
- 3 or more years in the project – must have 13 or more orders and a minimum of 60 insects in the collection. If FFA member had a previous collection in a 4-H Club, the collection can only be entered into this division.
RELEASE – ENTOMOLOGY, HORTICULTURE, FLORICULTURE, AG MECHANICS, AG PANELS
Saturday, June 15th, 2019 1 – 3 pm. For early release please talk to Superintendent upon check-in