All Livestock must be in place and checked in by the times stated in the 2019 Daily Schedule
Entry Fee – $10.00 per Entry
Entry includes Showmanship
Danish System of Judging
Supreme & Reserve Supreme Champion – Rosette
Champion & Reserve Champion – Rosette
RULES AND INFORMATION
- Single fryers/Meat Pens will be judged as market ready according to commercial meat standards.
- Single Fryers and Meat Pen 3 ½ to 5 ½ pounds. 70 Days old maximum.
- Bill of Sale to be turned in at check in. The exhibitor must own rabbits for at least 30 days prior to AgFest. (See Ownership Requirements for specie date).
- Independent exhibitors must submit pictures electronically with exhibitors name in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org(4 views, face, both sides & back including Exhibitor’s face in pictures with their animal), permanent tag and/or tattoo information no later than 30 days prior to AgFest. (See Ownership Requirements for specie date).
- Exhibitor entering this Department has read the Junior Livestock – Showmanship Section, and parents, leaders or advisors have reviewed with Exhibitor.
- Exhibitor is responsible to clean their pens.
- Only Market Ready animals are eligible to sell in the Youth Livestock Auction. Sale animals must remain on display for the duration of AgFest.
- You are only eligible to sell one Single Fryer or a Meat Pen – not both.
- Exhibitors with 2 market animals will have one hour from the conclusion of their last market show to declare at the livestock office, which animal is not selling. If an exhibitor does not inform the livestock office that they are not selling within that allotted time frame, the superintendents retain the right to choose which animal sells, decision is final.
- ALL MARKET RABBITS WILL BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY JUNIOR SHOW AND AUCTION COUNCIL AFTER SALE. AUCTION IS A TERMINATION SALE.
- EXHIBITORS ARE REQUIRED TO DELIVER THEIR SINGLE FRYER/MEAT PENS TO THEIR BUYERS. CHECK WITH BARN CHAIR AT CHECK IN TO PICK UP TIME AND MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR PICKING UP YOUR FRYER/MEAT PEN AND DELIVERING TO BUYERS.
Market Ready: Eligible for Sale.
Not Market Ready: Not Eligible for Sale.
Division 1 – Market Rabbits
- Single Fryer, 1 rabbit 3 ½ to 5 ½ pounds and 70 days old, judged live
- Meat Pens, 3 rabbits 3 1/2 to 5 ½ pounds and 70 days old, judged live
Market Rabbit Exhibitors
Exhibitors Are Required to Deliver Their Single Fryer/Meat Pens to Their Buyers
Market Rabbit Showmanship
Ribbons to 6th Place
American System of Judging
Division 20 – 4-H / Grange
Division 21 – FFA / Grange
- True Novice
Small Animal Market or Breeding
Wednesday – 6:00 – 8:00 pm Only
Thursday – 6:00 – 8:00 pm Only
NON-SALE MARKET ANIMALS:
Exhibitors with 2 market animals will have one hour from the conclusion of their last market show to declare at the livestock office, which animal is not selling. If you have the same specie animal, or an animal that will not be sold it is one hour after that show.
If an exhibitor does not inform the livestock office that they are not selling within that allotted period, the superintendents retain the right to choose which animal sells, decision is final.
Check the Daily Schedule for release times and be sure to remove your non-sale animals after obtaining release authorizations from the livestock officeBe sure to remove the correct animal. If a designated sale animal that has been given a lot number for the sale is removed from the Fairgrounds and or taken home in error, it may not be returned to the Fairgrounds. The wrong animal kept at the fair will not be eligible to sell.