All Livestock must be in place and checked in by the times stated on in the 2019 Daily Schedule
Check in @ B Street Gate
Entry Fee – $20.00 – Two-Entry Limit
(One if Showing Another Market Animal)
Entry Includes Showmanship
Danish System of Judging
Supreme & Reserve Supreme Champion – Rosette
Champion and Reserve Champion 4-H & FFA
Market Turkeys – Rosette
OUTBREAK OF VIRULENT NEWCASTLE DISEASE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
On January 16, 2019 the California Department of Food & Agriculture issued a Recommendation to Cancel California Poultry Exhibitions That Include Birds from Counties Affected with Virulent Newcastle Disease. This is relevant for any exhibitor planning projects for breeding poultry, market meat birds and/or market turkeys.
AgFest has elected at this time to proceed with the Breeding and Market Poultry/Turkey Shows. We will stay informed on any further recommendations issued by the California Department of Food & Agriculture and will be obliged to cancel any Breeding and/or Market Shows for Poultry/Turkeys based on their recommendations. If you decide to proceed with a poultry/turkey project for 2019 AgFest, please be aware of the risk that the shows for these species have a high probability of being cancelled at any time based on how the Newcastle situation evolves and the concern of contiguous counties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that a poultry show will be held during AgFest or the sale of your animals at auction. If AgFest cancels a show after your entries are received, AgFest will not refund those entry fees. Exhibitors who are considering moving forward with a poultry/turkey project and showing at AgFest should educate themselves on Virulent Newcastle Disease and how breaches in biosecurity through exposure at poultry exhibitions during this time can put personal flocks and individual birds, including those that are not brought to the show, at risk.
RULES AND INFORMATION
- All poultry to be inspected prior to coop-in. Upon arrival, as required by the California Department of Food and Agriculture, any bird showing evidence of parasite infestation, disease or illness will not be allowed to enter AgFest. Inspected Meat Birds are to be delivered to the Barn Area for coop-in.
- Bring BILL OF SALE showing no more than 15-week hatch date at check-in. The exhibitor must own market poultry by 30 days prior to AgFest. (See Ownership Requirements for specie date).
- Independent exhibitors must submit pictures electronically with exhibitors name in the subject line to email@example.com(4 views, face, both sides & back including Exhibitor’s face in pictures with their animal), permanent tag and/or tattoo information no later than 30 days prior to AgFest. (See Ownership Requirements for specie date).
- Birds will be weighed in and placed in classes according to weight and grouped by FFA/4-H
- Maximum weight not to exceed 30 lbs. at weigh-in, minimum weight 15 lbs.
- Market Turkey’s will be judged as market ready according to commercial meat standards.
- Exhibitor entering this Department has read the Junior Livestock – Showmanship Section, and parents, leaders or advisors have reviewed with Exhibitor.
- Exhibitors with 2 market animals will have one hour from the conclusion of their last market show to declare at the livestock office, which animal is not selling. If an exhibitor does not inform the livestock office that they are not selling within that allotted time frame, the superintendents retain the right to choose which animal sells, decision is final.
- All exhibitors are responsible to completely clean pens prior to release.
- Please note: Exhibitor’s whose Meat Turkeys are sold through the auction are responsible to take Meat Turkey’s to the Processor (On Airport Road, Lathrop) on Sunday, June 16th, 2019 at time that will be scheduled at move-in and are responsible to make arrangements with the Buyer for delivery, preferably on Sunday, June 16th, 2019.
Division 1 – Commercial Meat Turkeys
- 4-H / Grange Meat Turkey
- FFA / Grange Meat Turkey
NON-SALE MARKET ANIMALS
Exhibitors with 2 market animals will have one hour from the conclusion of their last market show to declare at the livestock office, which animal is not selling. If you have the same specie animal, or an animal that will not be sold it is one hour after that show.
If an exhibitor does not inform the livestock office that they are not selling within that allotted period, the superintendents retain the right to choose which animal sells, decision is final.
Check the Daily Schedule for release times and be sure to remove your non-sale animals after obtaining release authorizations from the livestock office
Be sure to remove the correct animal. If a designated sale animal that has been given a lot number for the sale is removed from the Fairgrounds and or taken home in error, it may not be returned to the Fairgrounds. The wrong animal kept at the fair will not be eligible to sell.
Market Turkey Showmanship
Ribbons to 6th Place
American System of Judging
Division 20 – 4-H / Grange
Division 21 – FFA / Grange
- True Novice
Reminder: Market Poultry Exhibitors You Will Be Responsible To Take Your Birds to Be Processed On Sunday, June 16th, 2019 And to Your Buyers.
Be Sure to Get Your Buyer Information at The Sale!
Please Put A Tag on Your Turkey with The Weight – So When Your Buyer Cooks It They Know How Much It Weighed – Go That Extra Step!
This Is Your Responsibility