Open to Youth Exhibitors of Contiguous Counties
Must have 4 animals in Division by 3 exhibitors to hold show
All Livestock must be in place and checked in by the times stated in the 2019 Daily Schedule
Entry Fee – $15.00 – Two-Entry Limit per Division
Entry Includes Showmanship
*Classes broken up by livestock office based on entries
Check in Sunday, June 9th, 2019 – 5 – 10 am
Contiguous Counties check in June 10th, 2019 from 5:00 am to be checked in by 10:00 AM
Enter Grounds from Martin Luther King Blvd/Grandstands and Unload in front of 4-H Barn at Midway
All Gilts Must Be Ear Tagged
Weigh-in Following 4-H Market Swine
Danish System of Judging
Supreme and Reserve Supreme Champion – Rosette
Rules and Information
- Exhibitors must own Commercial Gilts for at least 30 days prior to AgFest. (See Ownership Requirements for specie date).
- Bill of sale must be present at the time of ear tag pickup
- Independent exhibitors must submit pictures electronically with exhibitors name in the subject line to email@example.com(4 views, face, both sides & back including Exhibitor’s face in pictures with their animal), permanent tag and/or tattoo information no later than 30 days prior to AgFest. (See Ownership Requirements for specie date).
- AgFest does not provide any bedding for any animals. All animals will be bedded on shavings and must be kept clean at all times. Rice straw and sprays are prohibited.
- If there are not 4 animals per division both divisions will be shown together to select a Supreme and Reserve Supreme Champion Commercial Gilt.
- If there are less than 4 animals by less than 3 exhibitors at the close of entry deadline will result in cancellation of the show, the exhibitors will be refunded their entry fee.
- Hogs must be ear tagged. Exhibitors please have your Hogs tagged prior to check in – Contiguous counties can tag at check in – check with Livestock office before unloading.
- This is an Open Junior Show. All exhibitors (4-H, FFA, Grange and Independents) shall compete together in the same classes.
- Gilts that are entered and shown in the Breeding Swine Commercial Gilt Show may NOT be entered and shown in the Market Swine Show.
- Entries will be weighed, and classes will be split. Maximum weight limit of 375 lbs. Classes will be split into no more than 7 classes.
- Female classes shall be gilts only at least 2 months old. Sows are not eligible.
- Exhibitor entering this Department has read the Junior Livestock – Showmanship Section, and parents, leaders or advisors have reviewed with Exhibitor.
- ALL Exhibitors are to completely clean pens prior to release, and place debris in designated area. (Not those housed across from the wash rack are exempt)
Division 1 – Light Crossbreed
Division 2 – Dark Crossbreed
- Commercial Gilts 2 months old to 375 lbs.
Commercial Gilt Showmanship
Open to Exhibitors Representing San Joaquin County Only
Ribbons to 6th Place
American System of Judging
Division 20 – 4-H / Grange
Division 21 – FFA / Grange
- True Novice
All Livestock Breeding Shows are Day Shows
Check in and Check out the same Day.
Please check the 2019 Daily Schedule for dates and times for Check-In and Checkout.
When driving in with trailers enter B Street and Exit Airport Way.
Please be mindful of others unloading and walking around vehicles to unload their animals. Safety first.