Click here to view information and download the required record book for 2020 independent exhibitors.
2020 is going to be a great year for the AgFest Junior Board! We had great participation at our first meeting and selected our 2020 theme…Lights! Camera! Agfest!
FFA and 4-H AgFest 2020 participants in grades 7-12th are welcome to join. Signed applications are mandatory for those who would like to work on and/or with the Junior AgFest board. If you would like to get involved, click here for information and to download this year’s application. Hope to see you at our next meeting!
Contact Lucinda Suttle at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
There is some important information that came out of this weeks general meeting for AgFest:
- Poultry Show – Barring any changes to the status of the Newcastle disease eradication efforts, AgFest will be holding poultry shows at AgFest 2020 but they will be for market only, there will be no breeding show. To do our part to support Newcastle eradication, this will be a terminal show so all birds brought to the show must be processed at the conclusion of AgFest…including animals that are not sold at auction. No Exceptions.
- Junior Board – The Junior Board held their first meeting and selected our 2020 theme – “Lights, Camera, AgFest!” Applications for Junior Board will be posted on the web site shortly and the next meeting will be Tuesday, January 28th at 6:30 PM at the Robert Cabral Agriculture Center at 2101 E Earhart Ave in Stockton.
- Blue Ribbon online entries and YQCA field: The YQCA certificate number will be a required field this year in the Blue Ribbon entries. Please make sure that your child has completed their YQCA training and certification (it must be renewed every year) prior to entries opening so that you can enroll them properly. YQCA numbers will be validated and if the number entered is incorrect or “placeholder” information is entered, the entry will be considered incomplete. AgFest will be holding YQCA training at an upcoming meeting (information to be posted soon) and most FFA chapters will hold trainings for their members. You can also complete the training online. Click here for details.
The following committee meetings are coming up for AgFest in January:
- Junior Board: Tuesday, January 28th at 6:30 PM at the Robert Cabral Agriculture Center at 2101 E Earhart Ave in Stockton
- Farm to Fork: Thursday, January 23rd at 6:30 PM at Judy’s house – contact her at 209-747-6796 for the address